Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lonely

So I've been feeling especially lonely lately, the last week or so. With Ken working nights and sleeping all day, and Andy working long days so he's not home until I'm ready for bed... is hard. Really hard. It's just me and the baby all day long it seems, and while I of course love my son to pieces, some adult conversation would be great once in a while. Even someone to hold him and entertain him so I can sit down and eat without him crying would be nice.
I had a kind of break down last weekend about all this. I was frustrated and missing Ken really bad, and working on opposite schedules was making me overly upset, I couldn't help but cry. I already feel left out from my circle of friends, and yet at the same time, I'm not ready to go back to work yet either. I have about a month left, and I'm dreading it.
No one has come to visit since that first week, so it's been about 4 1/2 weeks or so that I've been by myself. This sucks.

3 comments:

Amy said...

*hugs* I totally understand. I wish I lived close by so we could maybe set up a weekly get-together at my house, your house, or even a mall play place. Maybe you could see if any of your friends would be interested in doing that. :-) You could also look online to see if there are any playgroups in your area (in my experience new moms are just as welcome as moms with running around kiddos).

Anonymous said...

They call this the "Baby Blus"...happens to all of us. Next time we're together I'll tell you some funny stories about mine.
Also, I don't drop by as often as I'd like, because I don't want to disturb your little family when Ken is home. But now I know better! Call me anytime you're lonely!

Anonymous said...

oops...Blues...