Sunday, June 23, 2013

31 weeks

Um, so can I just say how crazy it is that my pregnancy is almost over!? Every time I look at the ticker here on my blog, and the number of days I have until my due date gets lower, it's crazy, almost unbelievable! It seems so close! It's still a little hard to believe that this baby will be here soon and my life will be forever changed, even more so than it has already.

The nursery is still incomplete, and I'm starting to stress about it. Andy promises he will move this Tuesday on his day off, and even if we can just get the crib together, I'll feel better. I feel kind of overwhelmed by all we have left to do! Seems like a never ending list.

Thankfully my mom has taken the reins, and she and one of my sisters is hosting a baby shower for me. Feel better about that aspect, it should be a little crazy though, I think it ill be a pretty large party. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Ken and I have finally registered for a birthing class, in late July. I'm getting nervous about the idea of labor and delivery, but I'm hoping the class will help with that fear. I know it will be ok with Ken and my mom there beside me. I'm also nervous about my job prospect when I get back from maternity leave. I have a feeling that this pregnancy may change how my employer feels about me, and I'm nervous to see what exactly that means. How much my job may change when I come back. There just seems to be so much uncertainty in the air, very overwhelming... between the next 2 months and getting stuff prepared, my job, the changes that will happen between Ken and I... I think the next 6 months will definitely be a crazy whirlwind of stuff, and it's hard to keep all in my head. I'm hoping the next few weeks will be ok and go smoothly, hopefully then it will make the rest of the next 6 months or so be ok too.

No comments: