Tuesday, August 13, 2013

38 weeks

Well I started my 38th week on Sunday, and boy is this kiddo getting big! My Dr measured my fundal height today and the first thing she said was "oh wow!". Hope he's not getting too big! There has been no change in either dilation or effacement since the 30th, so I'm guessing he still has some baking to do. He is head down though, and I got to see a quick profile today on an ultrasound, Dr Dickson wanted to confirm he hasn't flipped back up. It was only about 2 seconds, but I love it. Nice to see his face again. I'm really wondering what his features will be, something I think about a lot now.
Ken and I went to the mall to get him a suit jacket for an interview on Saturday, and about halfway though our shopping, my tummy started to hurt a lot! It started in one area, and moved to two different places by the time we got back to the car. It stopped as soon as I would sit or lay down, but for the rest of the night, any time I tried to stand up and move, I got a tightening and soreness feeling all over. Made the night difficult. It went away the following morning, and Dr Dickson confirmed today it was just Braxton Hicks. I had some bad Braxton Hicks again this afternoon, unfortunately at work, coupled with a caffeine headache, made for a miserable afternoon. I'm still going to work as long as I can, but if these continue like that, I may have to go on FMLA sooner than I want. It's pretty impossible to work the way I need to with contractions going on.
My stress level has gone way down since my last post, I was able to help out my brother last Saturday, chores in exchange for some cash, and he really helped knock out my to do list before Lex gets here.
I do have a new slight stress though, but there is nothing I can really do about it. If things work out with this interview Ken had today, he will have a new job in the near future. Which makes me stress a little about insurance. There is always a time period before benefits start, and the timing of the new job and Lex's arrival may be kind of scary. I really don't want to pay for his birth out of pocket!!  Nothing I can do about it, but it makes me nervous. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Unfortunately, due to finances and her trying to get a new job, Cyndi (my MIL) will not be able to come up for his first weeks of life. I'm ready and willing to buy her plane ticket, but finances are really tight for Ken's parents, and Cyndi really needs a job, so the timing doesn't work. Hopefully she will get up here sooner rather than later, before he's too old. Ken, Andy and I have talked about taking a road trip down there with Lex though, so there is always that possibility. 
Oh, good news though, we have the car seat installed in the car, and the stroller together and ready to go. Yay! I forgot what the pattern looked like when I bought it a few years ago, and I was surprised, it was different than I thought, but in a good way!
38 week picture!



No comments: