Friday, December 24, 2010

Finding Out

Ever since Saturday the 18th, Ken had been trying to talk me into testing again, since I still didn't have a period, and was about 20 days late. I hemmed and hawed; I had wanted to wait until the very end of the month, like the 31st, to give me enough time to really make sure I could get a positive if I was supposed to.
Our wedding anniversary is the 21st of December. I woke up that Tuesday to ken already out of bed and on the computer. I don't know what compelled me to want to test, but for some reason I did. I got out of bed, and tested.

At first I was afraid to look, as I had been 3 times before, hoping for a positive and getting a negative. I willed myself to look at the test. Two little pink lines faced me, and it's like I couldn't even think for a moment. My first rational thought was "Oh my gosh, FINALLY!"

Ken was on the computer, so I came in like I normally do, and wrapped my arms around him from the back while he played WoW. He talked about specific things in the game for a moment, then I asked him how he was, like we both normally ask each other.

Ken: Doing good, waiting to get into a party.
Me: Well I'm glad you're doing good, because you're going to be a daddy!

I swear Ken practically threw me in the air and had a huge smile on his face. It was obvious he was overjoyed. We talked about my test, and we spent the better part of the late afternoon on the phone with Ken's parent, Amy, Jared, and leaving a voice mail for my mom. It was a magical morning almost, I swear smiles never left our faces. We took pictures of the test, kissed, hugged, talked to Ken's parents, talked to Amy, and enjoyed the morning. I did an online calculator, and based on my last period, the internet said I was due August 4th 2011 and was already 8 weeks. I made an appointment with my family care provider, but was slightly disappointed I had to wait another week before I could talk to a doctor about it.

Since it was our anniversary, we had decided to go out to dinner. Ken suggested we also go to a movie. On the way to dinner (Red Lobster for the first time, yum!), I called all my close friends and family members, and told them the good news. Everyone was so overjoyed, and I enjoyed telling them they were going to be aunts, aunties and uncles lol.

I told everyone at work the next day, and I got the same reactions, everyone was overjoyed for Ken and I, and I posted a status and the picture of the test on facebook for the friends and family I don't have phone numbers to, and I swear I've never received so many notifications so quickly! It's awesome to know that so many people are so happy for you.

No comments: