Friday, December 24, 2010

Questions

It's only been about 4 days since I've found out I was pregnant. Still no doctor visit, that's scheduled for Tuesday the 28th. To be honest, I really don't feel different yet. Yes I'm a little more paranoid about what I'm eating, lifting at my job, and chemical use, but I really don't even feel pregnant. Maybe because it's still so early, I don't know. I've noticed myself rubbing my belly when I don't think about it though, just at random times. No one tells you how the first months go or feel like, especially right after you find out, so this is a weird experience.

I also have so many questions... do I need an obgyn or midwife? Both? If both, why? How do I go about looking for either of these? Should I be touring birthing centers yet, or can that wait? How does the whole midwife thing work anyway? Are there things I really shouldn't be doing this early, like at work? Holding kids, lifting, bending over for long periods? Do I need to eat as often as I think I need to? Is the occasional pop really that bad? Are the medications I'm using really safe? What about over the counters, like my allergy med, Zyrtec?

I swear everything that I'm not supposed to or should do is driving me crazy already, and making very paranoid. I get weird thoughts like "Well what if I shouldn't eat this and I do, will the baby still be healthy? Will one mistake make things go horribly wrong in there?"

Ugh. It's really hard not to constantly think about all of this.

No comments: