Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dr Graman

I had my appointment with Dr Graman today in Enumclaw, and I found myself a new baby doctor! He was awesome, and the whole clinic is great. It took a little bit to be called back, maybe about 20 minutes, but that was including paperwork and health history. Took less than 5 minutes for him to get back to the room, and he just listened while I told my story and gave him dates and time and everything that has happened in the last 8+ months. I told him I wanted a second opinion based on what happened with Dr Jung. He reassured me (without even having paperwork from Dr Jung, but they should have it in the next few days) that I should be optimistic, and that he's optimistic. He doesn't see any reason why number 3 won't be healthy and successful. He said after I get a missed period, I can see him around 6-8 weeks for an ultrasound, and will have an appointment every two weeks from there until whenever to make sure everything is on track and help me with my fear. He addressed my fears, and also said that taking progesterone (that Dr Jung said would help and prescribed) won't hurt me, but probably won't help either because of the fact that the second pregnancy was lost at 10 weeks. I guess the progesterone would help if both my pregnancies ended around 5-8 weeks, but because the second was 10, he doesn't see a need for it or that it will help or be a magic pill to give me a baby. He said that I have about a 26 day cycle, which is good to know... we had like a 20 minute meeting, and he said a lot which is now escaping my mind, but he was overall very kind, understanding, LISTENED to me, and even said if I have any questions any time, I can call and we can chat over the phone, I don't have to make an appointment. Over the phone, with a doctor, not a receptionist! I really understand the importance of referrals from patients, not an ER doctor. I would recommend him to any woman having a baby, I'm sold! I have a new baby doctor! Big thank you to my sister for telling me to go to him (and they even remembered who she was, just from a name, which usually doesn't happen, so that was a plus).

4 comments:

Amy said...

Is he at Enumclaw Medical Center? If so when you call don't get discouraged by the receptionists. Force them to get the doctor on the phone-lol! The only thing frustrating about that place are the receptionists. I once was told that our pediatrician was booked and had to make an appt for my sick little girl to see a stranger who didn't know about her breathimg history. Our pedi saw us in the lobby and was shocked when she found that out. Had an opening for the exact time as my other appt so she forced the receptionist to change it to her. Lol! Very sweet ladies but can be a pain on the phone. :-) I'm so excited for you though!! Finding a new doctor that you're comfortable with is awesome!

Daydreamingirl87 said...

Yes, it's the Enumclaw Medical Center. I've only had the two experiences with them, making my appointment and checking in, but they were very friendly and helpful both times. I guess we'll see.

Amy said...

Yeah the ladies are absolute sweethearts! I think some of them were trained one way though and some were trained other ways-lol! It's still a great place to go! :-)

Nancy Olive (mom) said...

Sooo happy you're happy with him! Wonderful Babygirl! It's the first step on the way to an awesome baby experience!