Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grief Work

Day 16: Do you take time for yourself?
I do when I need to, which hasn't been very often lately. I give myself time to cry, to reflect, to think, to hope and wonder, cry some more, whatever I need. Obviously I can't give myself all the time in the world, but when I need it, I do.

Day 17: Do you feel your child is watching over you?
This is a weird question, I don't know. I don't know if I can explain my thinking on this either.

Day 18: Have you found something that puts you at peace?
Puts me at peace... I don't think so, not yet. Not something where I can think about it, look at it, whatever, and feel ok again. I don't think I'm at that point yet.

Day 19: What is your happiest memory of your child(ren)?
With my first loss, having my first positive pregnancy test, and telling my family and Ken's that we were expecting. With my second loss, going to the doctor and seeing my baby on the sonogram, knowing everything was going well and that I had a baby, growing and alive, in me.

Day 20: If you have anger.....What are you most angry about?
That other people, seemingly everyone, has had easy pregnancies  and so easy at conceiving, one time and BAM! There is a perfect pregnancy. That everyone I know with kids, seems like everything is so easy, and Ken and I have had such a difficult time with conceiving this time, and keeping our pregnancy 2 previous times. That we have been trying for over a year and still no glimmer of hope. That I now have to pay for a procedure (6 months we've been paying and we still owe about $2000) that I never wanted and never should have happened. That Ken and I are even having trouble conceiving now. A lot of things.

Day 21: Is there something about your child(ren) that brings a smile to your face?
That for 5 weeks of the last year, I was more happy than I had been in a long time, because I was pregnant. Ken and I were having a baby. I know my babies didn't stay, but I still love them, and giving me that tremendous amount of happiness, even for a short time, was an amazing gift. I will always smile knowing that. 

No comments: