Monday, November 7, 2011

Grief Work

Day 22: Do you have a song or songs that make you think of your child(ren)?
I do, just random ones, or random lyrics in songs that have nothing to do with baby loss. Today, actually, I was listening to "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella, and I couldn't help but think that my dream of babies, having babies, is the wish my heart is making, and I hoped so hard right at the line "It will come true". That's just one instance, I get reminders in songs a lot.

Day 23: Besides changing the outcome, what is one thing you would have done differently?
Told people. I wouldn't have told as many people about my second pregnancy so I wouldn't have to retell the pain of how and why I lost that pregnancy. I don't regret the telling of everyone of the first pregnancy, because it was such a joyous occasion, and that feeling was worth it.

Day 24: On Birthday's, Diagnosis Day's, Anniversaries of Passing. Do you prepare for them?
Allowed myself to feel what I was feeling, and to be angry, and to be depressed and sad, whatever I felt at the time.

Day 25: On Birthday's, Diagnosis Day's, Anniversaries of Passing. How do you handle them?Again, just allowing myself to feel whatever I need to or do feel at the time. It helps.

Day 26: On a scale of 1 to 10 rate your day today and why?
I'd say a 7 1/2. I'm hopeful, I'm not dwelling, I miss my babies but it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. 

No comments: