Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grief Work and An Update

Day 27: Share a picture.







This is my pregnancy test from my first pregnancy.

Day 28: Have you ever corrected or wish you corrected someone about your loss?
Not quite sure exactly what this means, but I don't think so. I don't think I've ever corrected someone or wished I had.

Day 29: What are your beliefs as far as where you think your child(ren) is/are. Will you see each other again?
This is kind of a complicated question since my faith has wavered in recent years. I do believe with at least some shred of my inner being, that my children are in heaven, and I will see them again, but at the same time this is hard to believe since they were so young, and what I believe wholeheartedly is complicated. This isn't coming out the way I want it to. 

Day 30: How are your preparing for the end of the year? (ie: Holiday's and starting a new year)
To allow myself what I feel, and begin each new days with hope. 

Day 31: Do you feel like 31 days has helped you open up more about your grief?
Yes I really do think it has helped, it doesn't hurt as much as it used to definitely.

Update:

No baby again this month, but I can say I'm not nearly as sad as I have been previously. I am sad, but I haven't cried or anything. I think if nothing happens in December (which will be 6 months of actively trying) I might make an appointment to talk with Dr Graman to talk about what else (if anything I can do and maybe help assuage my fears or maybe rule out problems). I think talking to him will help. I know it take 3-6 months for normal couples, but at the end of 6 months I might be a little more worried or fearful. I guess we'll see what happens next month.

No comments: