Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ovulation and testing

Well I have my blood test on Wednesday to figure out what's going on with my hormones, and to see if I've ovulated or not this month. And a few days after that, I'm thinking either Friday or Monday, I'll have some answers. I'm really hoping all that this is is PCOS, and not scarring or blockage. I really don't want to have to go through more surgery or something to fix this. I've been thinking lately, that if given the chance to go back and have a do over, I would not have done a D&C. The surgery seems to caused complications for so many women, many of which have lost their fertility completely because of complications from a surgery, and I would have thought about it more. I wish I had had a different doctor after my first miscarriage, that the ER could have referred me to anyone else but Dr Jung. The whole experience was confusing and stressful, and during such a stressful time in my life, I wish they had taken more time with me and explained the risks better, told me options, jut in general spent more time with me regarding the situation. I really wish Dr Graman wasn't retiring, I like him so much already! If he's anything in labor and delivery like he was at my last appointment, I would love to have him as my OB. But unfortunately that wont happen.

I guess having scarring from a D&C is called Asherman's syndrome, and can only be fixed by more surgery. Here is the wiki page about it. Asherman's Syndrome.  
It seems so complicated, and I really hope this is something I don't have to deal with.

After reading more about PCOS, I seem to have a lot of those symptoms (although not all), and it would explain a lot about me physically. I guess common signs are more masculine features, like hair growth (on the face, the feet, and midsection, all of which I have), weight gain especially around the midsection (also have), more acne (had acne since I was in 5th grade, so this makes sense too)... the only thing I don't have is the menstrual irregularity. Since I first got my period, I've always been pretty regular, although since I've been pregnant before it seems to be a little wonky, coming sooner than before pregnancy (4 weeks to the day before versus every 3 weeks give or take). Here is a link to read up more about PCOS too (Polycystic Overy Syndrome)
I guess I'll just have to wait and see what my blood tests say.

I'm becoming more and more convinced I'll never have a baby with every passing day. Starting to eel super gloomy about all this. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you HAD to have a D&C, because you had a "missed" miscarriage. If you hadn't, then your body would've reacted to it by surrounding the fetus with calcium to make sure your body was protected, and they call that a "Stone Baby", because it's like the fetus basically turned into rock. You would then carry it in your woumb the rest of your life, and it would make you infertile. I know the doctors definitely needed to do a lot more patient teaching, and they usually are woefully lagging in that regard, so it falls to the nurses to do it, which in an ER situation, it rarely occurs. You can always come to me with any questions, and if I don't know, I will find out. I know I specialize in Elder Care Nursing, but I also had 6 children, so I know some stuff about it. I love you, and I am so happy you finally went to Dr Graman, and got some answers. Remember, you'll always be my Babygirl.

Daydreamingirl87 said...

Well I more meant that I wanted to wait, to see if my body would miscarry naturally, or even get a second opinion. I guess it's happened before with many women that they say there is no heartbeat but they just missed it, and the pregnancy is indeed viable. I guess maybe I wish I would have waited just a few more days or something. But then I think of all the emotional aspect of the situation, and any longer I would have been driven crazy. I don't know.