Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April update

Well, no baby this month, I started my period on Monday. I was pretty disappointed, I had a little feeling all month long that I was indeed pregnant. Guess not.
I did go to see Dr Graman again today, which was good. Big thank you to Jared, Kacey, and Ti for meeting with me this morning to pray for peace, comfort and answers today before my appointment. It was very much appreciated, than you guys!
So this is what Dr Graman said: I asked about blood testing, to test my thyroid for normalcy and I also wanted to test my level of testosterone, since I have excess facial hair (way more than a normal woman should have). And he said "well with knowing it's been 9 months, and that you want to do tests (I even showed him my fertility tracker on my phone) there are two things, two ways we can approach this. It depends on if you're ovulating or not. Let's do some blood testing at a certain point in your cycle, and I'll get the results of if you're ovulating this month or not. If not, then we can fix that, put you on something like clomid, to help you ovulate, and then probably a few months with that and you'll probably be pregnant. It also may be that the facial hair and other minor things may be some sort of PCOS, where there are small cysts on the ovaries, which hinders ovulation.
If you are ovulating, then we need to do an x ray, which isn't 100% but it does a pretty good job, to see if there is scar tissue or a blockage related to your D&C which may be the reason"

Every thing he said made total sense, especially the PSOC (mostly). He also said that RH positive, and RH negative isn't a factor, and pure testosterone isn't to blame. I filled out a form for work to take the 25th off, since I'm going to St Joes to get my blood tested, and Dr Graman will have the results in a few days, and will call me when he gets them.
One unfortunately thing, is Dr Graman is retiring in June, but he will give me recommendations for doctors in Tacoma, which is awesome. He says his goal is to help me get pregnant if possible by that time though, so I guess we'll see.

I guess I'll have to wait until the end of this month to get some real answers.

No comments: