Sunday, April 14, 2013

Almost 21 weeks

Ok so I'm finally updating. I was nervous about the 20 week ultrasound, but it went well, even though it ran late. It was at St Elizabeth, so I had an intern doing most of my exam. He had some trouble getting measurements and pictures, only because the baby was moving so much! Flipping over completely, doing 180 turns, everything. It took about 30-40 minutes before the intern got frustrated with the baby (hah) and asked the sonographer to come in to finish. The intern kept making me laugh though, he called the baby a turd! I asked not to know the gender right up front, and it was a good thing, because very quickly after he started the ultrasound, it was pretty apparent.
I can't decide what the gender is honestly, I'm not sure if "apparent" means clearly a boy or clearly a girl. Oiy! The intern called my mom, and after some confusion over getting her to answer the phone, my mom now knows the gender and Ken and I still don't know. I'm glad I only have to wait a week, the suspense is already too much! I'm getting the party details together this weekend, so I don't have to stress too much the day of. I'm just excited for it to be Saturday!

Ken also finally got to feel the baby move this morning, after I had breakfast. We were trying last night to get him to feel the baby, but the baby was being a turkey. Even after half a cup of coffee, juice, and a small meal, every time Ken would put his hand on my tummy, the baby would stop moving. Of course! Ken got frustrated/impatient pretty quickly, like after 30 minutes, but I'm glad it worked this morning. He got a big goofy grin on his face when the baby kicked for him.

Now the next step is registering, and trying to figure out how to get Cyndi (Ken's mom) up here at least, for the birth. Money is tight for them in CA right now, so we're hoping to use some airline miles on Ken's credit card to help or completely purchase her ticket. The timing may be kind of hard to figure out, but we'll get there. We still have time.

Baby Dudley at 20 weeks:

No comments: