Monday, April 22, 2013

Worries

I have a new set of worries on my mind now. I'm worried about my social life in the coming months, and after the baby is born. I know of one other person/couple who have a young child that I'm around socially on a consistant basis. I think it's hard enough for me to be social with my good friends, seeing as I have other responsibilities and different focuses than they do (ie: marriage, home, etc). It's hard enough now to coordinate schedules and agree on being able to hang out. How much harder will it be, knowing that I will have a baby in tow? I don't want my social circle to collaspe, or feel like I'm missing out on even more because of the baby.
I'm sure I'll find other friendships with new moms, but it would be seriously upsetting if my older friendships faded or died because of different priorities and lives. I obviously can't and will not be able to do things spur of the moment any more. Which my unmarried, un-babied friends will be much more ale to do, and may not really want to include me and baby on such adventures. It's all a little complicated. I guess all I can do is hope for the best and see what happens right?

2 comments:

kiriya said...

Sorry cuz,It does affect the time you get to spend with you unattached friends but you can't let that get you down. It helps to going groups like Le Leche League and mommy and me because not only will these women be dealing with the same things you are. Most are BTDT(been there done that) moms and can be great resources when you have issues. It doesn't mean you loss your other friends it just means you can't spend as much time with them.

Anonymous said...

Nothing to worry about, because it will all work out in the wash. These things tend to work themselves out by themselves, and it's a very easy & natural process. Your friendships will never die, they just go to a different level of the playing field!