Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Yet Sad

Well the Dudley household will be growing by one come late July/early August. But not in the form of a baby... my little brother in law Andy is coming to stay with Ken and I for a while for a change of pace. Obviously so, I can't give him the office, so he'll be sharing the nursery with the crib and baby clothes in the closet. I've been cleaning it out and organizing the room and closet for his arrival, and knew I had to organize the closet especially so he has room for his things. I decided to take off all the hangers from my purchased baby clothes and put them in the top portion of the small dresser we have in the closet. I forgot how many clothes I've actually bought, and without the dresser/changing table being put together yet, that had to take up a large chunk of the closet as well. As I was taking all the hanging clothes off the hangers to store them, I was faced with an odd feeling. Remorse almost? Extreme sadness? I remember buying every one of those outfits, and how I felt at the time to be buying them. And not being able to use them yet made me a little depressed. I have at least 30 new outfits in neutral and boy colors, and 3 big boxes of stuff for girls that I received second hand from Amy. I'm happy Andy is coming to join our little family, but looking at all the clothes made me sad.
I guess what I'm trying to say is it's frustrating to have random grief feelings pop out of no where. I should be able to go into my nursery and put away baby clothes without getting depressed. I did hang up the butterfly we got from the TEARS Rock and Walk on one of the walls, I like it a lot.
 The butterfly in honor of our angle babies that is now in the nursery.
Ken and I at the 2011 TEARS Foundation Rock and Walk.

No comments: