Monday, June 6, 2011

Stress Is The Name Of The Game

Have I mentioned lately that I'm stressed? Well if I haven't, then here I am saying it. I'M STRESSED!!
We recently got all of the final bills for my surgery, and I've been on the phone all day trying to get financial assistance and payment plans made up because our grand total out of pocket expenses (after insurance) are $2,430 and some odd change. Just seeing that number makes me cry a little. Ken tells me every day not to stress out over it, that we will get through this, but things seem a little bleak right now. And all this happens when I think I'm finally ready to start trying again. How is it being a responsible adult to try for a baby on an income where we can't even pay our bills and that's not counting the surgery ones? Lord, please help me on this one, I'm running out of steam and I don't know how much farther I can go. Life seems to be in shambles right now, and I don't know how to climb out of the pit that is my depression and stress. I don't know how to deal with all this and still try to be a good friend, to enjoy things in life, to be normal. I know there are those is much worse situations, but it's so hard when there isn't even hope around the corner. It's been such a 180 coming from where we were financially to now, and I hate it. Ken is currently working a 12 hour shift, because we need the money that bad. I HATE that he has to do this to keep us afloat. I hate that he says we can't dwell on the past and he'll do whatever it takes. I hate that I have no choice but to say "if you think you can, do it, please. We need this". Ken is a great man though, and I know he will bend over backwards or until he breaks to keep a roof over our heads and food in the fridge.
..........
Onto other things I can't dwell on that for too long or else I'll break down. My acne has come back full force since my first pregnancy, and it's so annoying! I guess my extra hormones while pregnant made my acne go away and now it's back with a vengeance. Really not liking that.
..........
Ken found a cool app for his phone that tracks my period and predicts ovulation and fertility, which I started using yesterday and it's actually really cool. I think it will help with my memory and I've been using it to record everything, that way if a doctor has any questions about my history I can quickly refer to it for exact dates. I wish my phone was able to have it instead, but oh well.

No comments: