Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 5

Day 5: Do you ever get subtle reminds of your angel(s)? If so what what are they?

I get subtle and glaringly obvious reminders of my losses it seems every day. Every time I get a new baby in my room at work, or I go into the infant room for a break, and I get reminded of what I don't have right now. Or the fact that my sister in law s having a baby any day now, or that a dear friend is also having a baby in Jan. That can be hard sometimes. There are more subtle reminders, like people asking if I have kids yet, when am I going to have kids, or seeing kids clothes in the stores when I go grocery shopping. Some songs on my iPod that have nothing to do with loss remind me of my loss. There's lot of little things that remind me that are also totally escaping me right now.
I guess it's about half and half for what I mind and what I don't mind when it comes to reminders. Sometimes it's welcome, sometimes it's all I can do to hold back my tears. It really depends on the day and what has been going on with my personal grief lately for which way a reminder will make me feel. 
...............
There was a contest for the best of western Washington and there was a vote for best charity. I voted for The Tears Foundation for best charity, as it helps local families give headstones and Moses baskets to their lost infants, and help with funeral arrangements. I gave my reason why I voted as "As a parent of loss, the Tears Foundation helped me in my loss and made the pain a little less. It's great to help other families too". And since, I've been kind of struggling with the term "Parent". Yes in the back of my mind, I believe I'm a parent, sort of, but it doesn't seem like a reality to me. Like I believe it but I don't at the same time. Very weird feeling.

No comments: