Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grief and a Due Date

Day 6: How do you answer the question of how many children you have?
Um, normally I say none yet, just because most people who ask don't really want to get into my story of my miscarriages and my pain behind all that. At least I assume that anyway. I have no problem sharing my story, but I don't think it's appropriate all the time to be sharing, especially when that question is asked. Hopefully soon I will be able to answer "3. I had two miscarriages but then was blessed with this amazing little baby".

Day 7: Do you do something to honor your angel(s)? If so what?
Well this year I participated in the TEARS Foundation Rock and Walk with a good friend of mine and her family. The TEARS Foundation is a non profit that through donations, helps grieving families with headstones, Moses baskets, and funeral arrangements for their deceased children. My friends and family helped me raise almost $600 for the non profit, and we went to the actual event, where my babies names were on a reader board, and the organization made butterflies with the baby's name and decorated it around the stadium where we walked. We saved our butterfly and it is currently hanging in the nursery. I would like to continue to be involved with the organization. I think it's an amazing way to help other people and a way to honor both my angels too.
 This is the day of the walk, all the butterflies are the names of babies that have been lost through stillbirth, infant death, or pregnancy lost just that year.They went all around Cheny Stadium.
 Our butterfly that they made for us and we kept. It is now in the nursery.
Ken and I with our butterfly.

.............

So on another note, I feel weird today. In the back of my head, I want to cry, do nothing all day, but I've been trying to stay busy so I'm not dwelling either. Today is my due date for my miscarriage of 10 weeks. I feel kind of numb. Maybe I should be more sad, maybe I should do something to honor the day, do I do anything about today at all? Today I should already have a baby, or be waiting for the cue to go to the hospital. I think I'm going to need extra cuddles from Ken today.

It doesn't help that today is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. 

No comments: