Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grief Process

It's been about 3 days since I said I would start this, so I'm going to answer 3 days questions today.

Day 1: Who are you? Share as little or as much about you in general.
I am a 24 year old woman living in WA with my husband Ken (married almost 4 years) and brother in law Andy and 3 fur babies. I love reading, watching movies, the color red, taking pictures, and reality TV. I work full time as a toddler teacher in a daycare, and have my BA in Elementary Education.

Day 2: Tell us about your child(ren). As much or as little as you like. Names, birthdays, stats.
I have 2 angel babies, one I lost at 5 weeks in Dec 2010, and one at 10 weeks in March 2011. We never named either of the babies, beyond Baby Dudley. Ken and I are still trying for our first live birth child.

Day 3: Through your grief process who has been your "rock"?
My mom definitely. My husband has helped definitely in being there for me, but he doesn't understand my personal grief completely, which I understand, he's a man, having a baby is a different experience for him.
My mom though has helped me through every step of trying to conceive, sharing my happy news, and holding me up when I've crumpled from my loss, not once but twice. She's helped me raise money to help other families affected by infant and pregnancy loss, she's heard my fears and anxiety about being pregnant and subsequently becoming pregnant again, she's wiped away my many tears,she held my hand through my D&C, every aspect of my pregnancies and losses, she has been there. I would be in a whole different part of my grief if I didn't have my mom in this process. I thank her every day for everything she does, and I think she understands, but my gratitude extends beyond what I can say in words. I love you mom, and thank you so very much for everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Babygirl you make me cry. I have felt so helpless in traveling this path with you, because I have no firsthand experience. And even as a nurse, I have found myself lacking in the skills I need to comfort and care for you in your tremendous need. Thank you so much for soothing my soul and resolving my anguish in my percieved inabilities. I will always be by your side and even carry you in my arms, for as long as it takes to soothe your ravaged soul. And when you ever need more than I am perceiving, know that you can always ask me for anything. Your wish is my command. I will always love you forever my Babygirl.