Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hope

Well it is official. I took a test on Wednesday night after I came home, and a pale pink second line showed up!!

I'm Pregnant!!!!!

Right now I'm around 4 weeks, and I have have already made my first OB appointment. My new doctor is Dr Dickson (I'm pretty sure I went to school with one of her daughters), and the appointment is on the 8th, when I'll be 8 weeks. I told Dr Dickson's nurse that I have had 2 previous miscarriages, and she said if I want, I can come in and do a blood test to monitor my levels but I don't think I want that. She also said that if I see any bleeding at all, don't hesitate to call her.

That said, if you are reading this and I haven't already told you in person/call, I apologize. My previous losses are making me nervous, and I don't want to have to tell everyone again if I do miscarry. Make it easier on myself and Ken.

That also being said, if you are reading this, please do not tell anyone else. I want to wait until the heartbeat appointment until I tell the free world. I'm trying to be optimistic but I am still nervous about this whole thing. Obviously so.

Please continue positive thoughts and prayers for me, and I will continue updates as they come I guess. Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! I'll be praying for you!
Amy

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!! And I'm praying for the little baby and for you and Ken.

Daydreamingirl87 said...

Thank you both, I'm more optimistic this time. A dear friend of mine has been praying for me a lot, and actually told me that while at church about 3 weeks ago, she had a moment where God told her He would bless me with a baby. Taking that as a good sign! One day at a time. Thanks again for all of your support, both of you :)

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! Exercise will help you stay in shape during pregnancy; this can also lower your risk of miscarriage, and has been proven to help reduce labor complications and length. Best wishes to you and your baby!

Chelsea Leis