Sunday, March 10, 2013

Almost week 16

So I've been feeling very weird this last week or so. I've been experiencing the round ligament pain more steadily, which I'm guessing is a good sign. And while Ken and I can notice very subtle changes, but I've been having feelings of that I'm not pregnant. I don't look pregnant like any other slimmer woman would at this point, and it's hard to imagine a baby the size of an avocado is swimming around in there somewhere. I'm really trying not to stress, I'm sure everything is fine, but it feels weird. I want to look pregnant. I think I should at almost 16 weeks right? Overall it all makes me worry that something is wrong, and I'm sure that feeling will not go away my entire pregnancy, no matter what I do.
So generally, feeling weird and sort of emotional this week, and trying not to worry or stress too much.
My OB was just slightly concerned that I had not gained any weight yet, and actually lost weight in the month I saw her last. I've been really trying to eat like a pig (healthily of course... mostly) but eating every 2 hours is really hard. It is easier at work, since the kids eat every 2 hours and I get a lunch break, but at home and the weekends is difficult. I'm not used to having to eat this much, so I've been getting annoyed when my tummy rumbles after I just ate something. Weight gain is harder than I thought it would be as well. My bathroom scale is off though I think, so it's hard to get an accurate reading. I think I've gained weight and the same afternoon it says I've lost. Kind of frustrating. Babycenter website said to eat a milkshake every day, it gives you added calories and calcium from the ice cream. If we weren't so broke that would be a great plan!

4 comments:

Kat Matley said...

I am sure you will be fine. Usually you will start to feel something in the middle of the 4th month. It will be so exciting when you do. Praying for you, Roxanne. Your body is just making the changes inside to prepare for the months ahead as your baby grows. :)

Amy said...

*hugs* It's normal for a lot of women to not start to show for quite a while. And in a due date group I belong to there are a lot of women who lost weight until halfway or more through their pregnancy and then only gained a little bit. I know that doesn't truly ease any fears but hopefully it helps a little. You and your sweet little one are in my prayers. Only a few more weeks until you're halfway! :-) I don't remember, are you guys planning on finding out the gender or being surprised? :-)

Daydreamingirl87 said...

Amy, we're doing to do a gender reveal for friends and family. We don't care either way, so when we do the ultrasound at 20 weeks, my DR will tell my mom, not us. Then at the reveal, we will cut into a cake dyed either pink or blue to find out with everyone together. I would like to be surprised until the end, but finding things would be really hard in all gender neutral colors for friends and family. I swear everything is for either gender at baby stores!

Amy said...

That sounds so exciting! With Isaac we were originally going to wait to find out by opening the envelope on Christmas day when we were going to be home with the family but I ended up not being able to wait. Lol! And yeah there isn't a lot of gender neutral things.