Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy

So glad this week is over. It was slightly stressful week, especially at work and with finances. I think I'm going to be one of those lucky women who is sick the entirety of the pregnancy. I'm over it about 90%, but times at work, and if I go longer than 2 hours at home without eating, I feel like I'm going to hurl. It seems to hit me suddenly too. I have another week until my next appointment, which I'm excited and nervous for. I'm glad the triple or quad screen done, I'm not sure which one my Dr said. Neither Ken or I have any genetic abnormalities in our families that I know of, but there is always a chance, which is why I'm slightly nervous. I guess we shall see.

Something made me really happy today though. Ken and I were talking this afternoon, and he placed his head on my tummy. I asked him "hear anything?" and he said "no, just normal tummy rumblings". So I asked him to move down, since the top of my uterus is at the top of my belly button (so says all the baby development websites). I again asked him if he could hear anything, and he said yes! He said it sounded like a sloshing, or when you hear someone moving underwater. How cool! I'm sure he was hearing the baby move in the amniotic fluid, even though I can't feel anything yet. The smile on his face was priceless though, it made me so happy.

Changes to my tummy are still subtle, I can only really notice it is I'm laying on my side, then the bottom half of my tummy feels more round and filled out. Just standing up though, I don't think you can tell really. Still waiting for that tell tale "belly bump".

No comments: