Sunday, April 24, 2011

Post-Op

Ken and I went to the follow up appointment on Friday the 22nd. It was about what I expected; Dr still wants to put me on progesterone supplements as soon as I know I'm pregnant (he even said he'd do a phone in prescription, he doesn't want m to wait for an appointment) and I had blood drawn for tests. His only other theory is that something is wrong with my thyroid. I forgot to ask him if he was doing pathology on the tissue from the D&C and when we could expect results. I guess I need to call to ask. He also said that experts used to say to wait to try to conceive again was 2 months for the physical healing, and 6 months for the emotional healing. He said that quite isn't the case anymore, but he still wants me to wait 2-3 cycles before we start trying again, and since it's so short he doesn't want me to go on birth control (at least hormonal), which I was pleased to hear. Ken told him that I found a support group (which is in 2 weeks) and Dr Jung seemed pleased with that as well. I guess now is the waiting game; trying to live life and heal and wait. I'm thinking it will be maybe 3-6 months before we start trying or know we're pregnant again.
...........
It's crazy to think that we've been trying since late October and through no loss of hard work on our part, we still don't have a baby or the prospect of one soon. I had to count how many months we've been trying and hoping and yes we suffered 2 losses in that time, but it's hard to say we've been trying for almost 6 months and no baby yet.
................
Side note: Ken is reconsidering the Army Reserve. He's plateaued in his weight loss, and another opportunity may have come our way where he won't be away for a year just for training. I'm really hoping he follows through with this, and yes I want him to continue to feel good and lose weight so he's happy, but we had a short conversation on the way back from dinner last night and I think he FINALLY understands where I'm coming from and my side of things with him joining. I'm really hoping and praying this other opportunity works out, please oh please!

No comments: