Monday, January 28, 2013

10 Weeks

Well it's 10 weeks tomorrow (Tuesday). Things have been steady, I ate a breakfast of saltines this morning since I was feeling so sick, and it continued throughout the day. I had some pain in my side late last week, but after looking it up, I'm pretty sure it was round ligament pain. Taken from What To Expect:
Lower abdominal achiness: Like so many pregnancy symptoms, round ligament pain (which is just a fancy name for those growing pains in that burgeoning belly of yours) is probably something you never expected. What’s causing them? The ligaments that support your belly are stretching out (and getting thinner); and as your belly gets heavier, the weight pulls on the ligaments, causing pain (sharp or dull). The best thing to do is get off your feet and get comfy.

It only happened for two days and has since gone away, and I have had no warning signs of any kind, so I'm guessing that everything is still great. I'm still nervous to be excited, but the more I think about it, the more I think "I'm going to have a baby!!!"
I'm trying not to think too far into the future yet, not until we get to my next appointment at 13 weeks, but my mind has been going in opposite directions lately. Sometimes I can't help but think there won't be a heartbeat at 13 weeks, and other times I think of a gender reveal, registering, and baby showers. I'm so nervous, for either outcome! Still staying 90%, and going to church with Jared has helped the past 2 weeks. Planning to continue that throughout the pregnancy and beyond, if I can. Positive thoughts!

Side note: Heartburn and nausea at the same time is a weird feeling. That's not to mention gas and a headache! Oh pregnancy...

No comments: