Sunday, January 13, 2013

Next Step

Ok, it has been a bit since I last updated and I'm sorry for that. My health ha been bad the last few days, and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.
My doctors appointment went great! I really like Dr Dickson, and she said everything looks perfect. She did a breast exam, a pap, and then gave me an ultrasound. She said the baby looked closer to 7 weeks than the 8 I estimated (which is fine), so my new due date in August 28th. She also said that she could see the heart beat, nice and strong, and she tried to listen for it. It was really faint, but I heard it!!! She said because of my history, that we'd have another appointment on the 22nd to really hear the heart beat, at 9 weeks. Definitely made me feel better about the whole situation, I'm really thankful. Her nurse is nice too, which is a plus. And I got a picture! Dr Dickson said the heart beat was at 155 beats per minute that day, which I then told my mom, and she said she thinks it's a boy lol.Not the first time I've heard that, but we'll see, I don't care either way.


So now it's a waiting game until the 22nd, and Ken took the day off so he's coming with me. Maybe I'll try to make a recording it so I can post it here too.
Things are definitely getting better, and this appointment just made me so much more confident about the pregnancy. Please continue praying for me, I'm still nervous about the possibility of another missed miscarriage, which is entirely possible. One more week!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad your new doctor is so nice and supportive! And yay for a strong heartbeat plus a picture!!!! :-) I remember getting the early u/s of Isaac and stopping all day every day at the refrigerator to just stare and pray. *hugs* I'll continue praying for you and Ken and your precious little baby. :-)

Daydreamingirl87 said...

I'm just so happy that she saw it, and it definitely put me more at ease. Lol Ken, Andy and Jared were all excited to see the picture too, which made me laugh. Thanks for the prayer :)