Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dreaming

I had a very vivid dream last night. Ken and I went in to the Dr for our 13 week ultrasound, and I remember being nervous about the outcome. Ken was gone for some reason as the DR was finding the heartbeat, and I was freaking out he was going to miss it. But it was there, strong and kicking! Ken came in right after, and the Dr also told us the baby was a boy! Ken and I also saw the baby move, my belly was going all over the place! We then decided to name him Jonathon.

I woke up happy but confused by the name Jonathon. I remember liking the name, sort of, a few years ago, but it's never been one that Ken and I have discussed. Time to discuss is maybe? I still like the middle name Alexander, but Logan I'm not sure of any more.
Ken came up with a new girl name too (wasn't feeling Abigail anymore either). Keep the middle name Joanne, which means "God is gracious", after my maternal grandmother,  and first name would be Elizabeth, which means "God's promise; God is my oath". We could call her Ellie or Ellie Jo for short. I think it's so cute! Definitely a keeper, but I need more time to make sure 100%.

Still sick as ever, as I', midway through week 10. I've actually vomited in the past week, which hasn't happened at all so far, just feeling sick. Good sign right?
I'm a little paranoid about taking anything during this trimester though. I head a headache the last 2 days, and the one coworker that knows tried to convince me to take Tylenol, and I know it's on the safe list, but I can't help but feel paranoid. I upped my water intake and kept eating every 2 hours, and it went away (eventually). I don't even want to take Tums for the heartburn I have now. The only medication I've been taking is my prescriptions for the asthma, my prenatal, a fish oil, and a calcium supplement. Really REALLY ready for my next appointment, I want to get over this first trimester hurdle and move on from the worry that this will all blow up in my face.

No comments: