Tuesday, January 22, 2013

9 weeks

Ken and I went in today to hear the baby's heartbeat today. Everything went really well, Dr Dickson said the heartbeat was strong, at 175 bpm, and everything still looked great! I ended up crying once I heard the beat and heard everything was good. Ken even teared up a little. I won't have another appointment until 13 weeks (it was supposed to be 12, but Dr Dickson will be on vacation then, so one week later). Today has been such a great day!
I got another picture, and you can actually see features! Ken and I could both make out an arm or a leg in this one. Very exciting. 
I am nervous though. I know this is a different pregnancy, a whole different situation, and prayer will continue to be my future, but next week is the same time I had my missed miscarriage in my last pregnancy. And I still have another month until we're in the clear. I did some quick research, and I know the risk goes way down (between 4 and 14%) for a miscarriage now that I've heard the heartbeat, but I can't help but still be a little nervous. As before, continued prayer in the coming weeks would be most appreciated. Trying not to stress, and keep calm about all this. I know it will be fine, God is in control!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Praying praying praying!! And YAAAY for a strong heartbeat! Your little one is so cute! I can see legs! :-) I understand being nervous still. I felt like I held my breath until I got past when I miscarried my last and then I only let out a tiny puff until I started feeling the movements consistently. *hugs*

Amy said...

Great news! Glad to hear all is going well:)