Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baby Names

I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks and I've come up with a list of a lot of the names I like and their meanings, meant to be sort of inspirational. These could be first or middles, and  obviously Ken needs to agree, but these are the ones I've liked the most with the right spellings, and I've bolded the ones I really like.

       Girl:                                                                       Boy:
Abigail - Father in rejoicing                           Isaiah - God is salvation
Joanne – God is gracious                              Joshua - God rescues
Joy - Joy; jubilation                                       Nathanael - Gift of god
Elizabeth - My God is a vow                            Samuel - His name is God
Serah – Princess                                              Alexander - Defending men
Victoria - Conqueror; victory                        Ethan - Strong, firm, impetuous
Samantha – Listener                                         Benjamin - Son of my right hand
Grace - Good will                                          Owen (?) - Well born, yew born
Michelle (?) - Who is like God                         Logan – From the Hollow
April (?) – Open                                           
Mae (?)– the fifth month of the year

The question marks are obviously ones I'm really not sure about, and the name Abigail Joanne is really starting to grow on me. I love both the meanings, and Joanne being a family name makes it all the more special. For a boy I still really like Logan Alexander, but Logan Nathanael is starting to grow on me too. I like the meaning of Nathanael, and it's a name Ken has always liked. Might play with the spelling a bit though, the more I look at this spelling, it looks weird.

I told a coworker this week that I've has 2 miscarriages, but I didn't go into any other detail besides that, so I'm pretty sure at least some people at work know now. No one has said anything about it, and I haven't been there long yet, so I don't know if the whole story will come out eventually or not.

No comments: