Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last Straw

So apparently I'm not getting the D&C tomorrow like I thought. I called today to the dr office to find out about recovery time, since Ken has to work overtime for missing work on Tuesday. I figured my mom could drive with us and be there, so she could drive me home and make sure I'm comfortable while Ken goes to work after the appointment.
Turns out it's not scheduled for tomorrow, tomorrow is just a visit to talk with the doctor about whether or not I've had bleeding or pain. Wow, really? I talked to the nurse and she said she would talk to the doctor and see what he said, I may not have to come in at all, and they will probably just schedule the procedure.
I am so fed up with this office and this doctor, I'm currently on the search for a new OB. I knew I was going to try a new one after this was done with anyway, but I am so frustrated right now, I wish I could find one sooner and switch before the D&C. The only thing I like about the office or staff is the ultrasound tech I usually see, Sally. And that's not near enough reason to stay.
I'm so frustrated, I've been building myself up emotionally for this, only to be told I have to wait even longer. So ridiculous. Yes, waiting longer is exactly what I need when I just lost my baby. Jerks.

............
Ken and I have been talking since the loss happened, and we're not quite sure what to do. We have to plan the baby so he can join the military, but it's difficult when his training would be for a year, and I have to have him home for the birth, no if and or buts about that. So here lies the problem. He's not down to weight yet so it's not like he can join tomorrow. We've talked about it and we want to wait at least a month or two before actively trying again. But between basic and his AIT (I think?) training, he will be gone for a year. Will he have a break between basic and AIT? If not, then he will miss the birth, which is not ok. If we wait, it will be another YEAR before we start trying again, which is not ok. If we try for a baby, he's worried he'll have to wait a year to join. Do we just wait until he's in and in basic, then hopefully he gets a short period of time between basic and AIT and we can try then? So we'd wait another 6+ months to try? UGH. So many questions, and being the planner type person I am, this is driving me crazy not being able to have a plan!!

2 comments:

Olive said...

Roxy, Josiah and I are so sorry and are here for your support and love. We are thinking of you, everything will turn out, even if it feels like the world has changed and it will never brighten again. Time will heal and you will heal and things will turn out better with time.

Daydreamingirl87 said...

Thank you Michelle, everyone's support has been amazing and definitely helps Ken and I with the healing process. I'm just ready for this D&C thing to be over with so I can move on.