Monday, March 14, 2011

Ridiculous

I'm sure it's just hormones that are making me crazy, but I've become slightly paranoid about what I'm eating now. Thoughts like "Is that safe? Is it really? Is it pasteurized? How well does this have to be cooked? Can I eat this? What if I do eat something I shouldn't?"
It's become a little exhausting, but it's not like I can turn off the switch. Last night I tried to make a simple dinner for Ken and I, and he got frustrated because every three minutes I came into the office asking him to look up something for me, to see if what I was making was safe. It was just steak with a pasta salad, but first I freaked out about what temp the steak had to be (I ended up not being able to eat my steak... I read steak should be at 170 degrees, and that's like cooked to death, it was so dry and chewy I couldn't eat it! I like my steak a little more raw than that) and then I had a freak out if commercially made mayo was safe. Can I eat mayo, it's made from eggs, but I don't know how they make it, so it could be bad for the baby! I'm trying to stay level headed about all of it, but this is my first pregnancy, and between that and the hormones I think I'm going slightly crazy.
I got to hang out with Jared yesterday (buying a wedding present together for Jennica and Andrew's nuptials this Saturday), and I was telling him about how crazy I've been and nauseous, and all the random pregnancy things that have been happening to my body lately, and he mentioned that he hopes the hormones don't make me go absolutely crazy (like being pissed one second then sobbing the next) any time during pregnancy, or else we may have to stop being friends until it passes lol. It made me laugh, but I really hope I'm not making anyone else crazy with my mild case of crazy right now!

No comments: