Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fertile Mertile

Well it's happened again. I'm pregnant! Yay! I wanted to test on the 14th, but actually forgot in the swing of it being Valentines Day, so I tested on the 15th and it came up positive! Ken and I were a little apprehensive to be overjoyed; while we wanted to be, we didn't want to be depressed is I miscarried again. I made an appointment with my OBGYN for the next week, and we decided not to tell anyone (besides a few people) until after the first trimester. I only told my mom, Jared, Amy, and a close coworker, Leslie. Ken obviously told his parents, who swore their secrecy as well. I was so apprehensive that week, it was almost like I was waiting to miscarry. I over analyzed every movement I made, every bump I took, every thing I lifted, and every morning prepared myself in case I was bleeding like last time. Needless to say it was a long week. I finally met with my doctor on the 22nd, and I spoke with a nurse and had another ultrasound to determine where I was in pregnancy, since I hadn't had any bleeding since the miscarriage. Ken and I were delighted to find out that everything was healthy, normal, and that I was farther than I expected, at 6 weeks 3 days. After talking with the nurse, we determined that it only took 8 days for me to ovulate and conceive again. Ha! My due date is the 15th of October. We got our first pictures of the baby too, which was pretty special. Ken says I have a tadpole lol.
Everything has been going well, I actually have pregnancy symptoms this time! I've been very tired, with breast tenderness, slight case of nausea, and while no food aversions, I can't stop eating! I swear I have to eat like every 2 hours or else I feel sick. This past week has been a little more difficult, the nausea hit me pretty hard for about 4 days (I'm finally feeling sort of human again) where I couldn't keep anything but toast and water down. It made me worry, because I know I have to eat because of the baby, but I can't because I'm so sick. I couldn't even take my prenatal pill, as soon as I did on Monday I threw it right back up. I'm trying to stick to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) and applesauce didn't seem to agree with me last night, and I haven't tried the rice or banana yet. It seems I'm limited to chicken noodle soup (only one particular brand unfortunately) Ritz crackers, toast, water, Gatorade and apple juice. It's hard because I am so hungry, but even more than a few bites of anything makes me run to the bathroom. Ken has been amazing though, very helpful with getting me water, cold washcloths for my face, and taking care of the house since I can't do anything but lay on the couch. I don't know what I'd do without him!
I have my next ultrasound on the 6th, when I'm 12 weeks, only 5 more weeks to go! I'll update as I feel up to it.

No comments: